- The functionality for when you find a restaurant, or other location.
- How “map and directions” work – very smooth
- The ability to rate businesses (this could be HUGE!)
I don’t like:
- Load times between zooms
- That it only covers North America
- That there is no satellite/hybrid view (maybe I’m spoiled by Google on that though)
Overall it’s a good application. Is it going to draw me away from Google Maps? I doubt it. However, the fact that you can rate restaurants, banks, or any other business that shows up on the Yahoo! Map is very nice. I really like that functionality and I think that that type of user feedback will really begin to affect companies over the coming years.
EDIT: Here’s some neat stuff you can do with Yahoo! Maps. I might have jumped the gun on how scalable and flexible the Yahoo! format is. We’ll see as more and more people start utilizing, hacking, and mashing it up.