[Note: if you’re not from Kenya, and/or didn’t play rugby growing up there, you will likely find this post random and tedious. Please come back tomorrow and I’ll get back to the usual fair.]
Okay, my Schools Rugby in Kenya post from February is proving to have a life of it’s own. In fact, it gets 5-10 comments every month still – 105 as of today, amazing. Yani, we’re crazy and passionate about our ruge, eh?
A special shout out to Joe for almost single-handedly keeping this conversation rolling – he’s got my vote for biggest Patch fan on the web and is a bloody genius at getting people riled up. Also, here’s my favorite comment, by Meneja (obviously a Saints guy):
AMA SPEAK THE TRUTH
- BEST RUGBY SCHOOL – ST MARYâ€™S NAIROBI (thats why they are most hated)
- OTHERS WHO CAN CLAIM TITLE LENANA AND RVA FULLSTOP.
- ANYONE ELSE IS SECOND RATE STARTING WITH PATCHâ€¦(your track record in prescott speaks heapsâ€¦why? it was the hardest most challenging tournament. history says you were no where to be seen.)
- BEST FIELDS RVA AND SAINTS (any arguments???)
- MOST ENTERTAINING LENANA PATCH AND SAINTS (fantastic runners high scores and high intensity and never say die attitudes)
- BEST DEFENCE SAINTS (conceded less in 96,97 cumulatively then the second team conceded in 96 or 97)
- BEST BACKLINE LENANA SAINTS (powerfull runners well organised)
- BEST ORGANISED RVA (they knew there opponents inside out before every gameâ€¦sometimes it didnt make a difference though)
- BEST FORWARDS SAINTS (not the fa