The new iHub in Nairobi isn’t completely built out yet (in fact, it’s still basically just concrete and few painted walls…), however that won’t stop us from having a party to celebrate the opening of the new innovation hub here! It starts at 5:30pm (Kenya time) at the iHub (map).
[It’s an invitation only event, just due to the size of the space and how many we can fit. Jessica is handling the invitations, so head on over to this form and fill it out if you haven’t already. If there’s room, she’ll send you a confirmation email by early afternoon.]
Things you should know:
- There will be eight lightning-style 5-minute talks done by local techies as part of IgniteNairobi (see Global Ignite Week for more)
- Keeping up to date with the event, we’ll be live streaming it via Ustream here.
- The first 100 attendees – who are on the list as confirmed -will get one of the new iHub t-shirts designed by the guys at The Ark and printed by Bonk. (Yes, they are incredibly cool).
- The floorplans and layout for the iHub are about done, but no buildout has started happening.
- We’re having a cocktail tonight, so it’s drinks and bitings/hors d’oeuvres.
We’re looking forward to everyone coming over and seeing the new space, thanks for being a part of it!