Things are happening very quickly with Ushahidi. We just launched yesterday and there are already thousands of people visiting the site. That’s good, but not good enough.
What we need from you, more than anything, is to get the word out to your family, friends and acquaintances in Kenya. Call, email or SMS them today!
There is continued refinement and improved functionality being added all the time. Here’s a quick rundown of what we’ve done and are doing.
- You can now SMS your report to +447624802635 with your mobile phone.
- You can email your reports and images to firstname.lastname@example.org
- We have added a “Peace Efforts” button to highlight the good things that are happening.
- The “How you can help” page has started. The first is a way to send money via MamaMikes.com that will be distributed by the Kenyan Red Cross.
- There are new buttons (with copy/paste code) for you to add to your websites on the about page.
Daudi Were and Ory Okolloh continue to foster relationships with NGOs in Kenya through the NGO Council. If you can help them, or would like to offer your assistance, please let us know.
Joshua Wanyama of AfricanPath has offered to help grow and manage images on Flickr of the post-election crisis in Kenya. You can find the Kenya Post-Election Pictures 2008 Flickr group here. Consider sending yours in and tagging your images with “KenyaElection2007″.
A big thanks to all the bloggers who have covered the launch of Ushahidi: