I’ll be offline for the next couple days as I hit the road for Nairobi. I’m arriving just in time for the Safari Sevens rugby tournament starting Friday, and will be in Nairobi until the end of the month. If anyone wants to get together, shoot me an email.
I thought I’d leave everyone with some links to stories that I’ve enjoyed over the last week.
- Mobiles in Africa – one of the best articles I’ve read in a long time on the mobile phone in Africa, by Ken Banks.
- Few people can write long interesting articles, but some have the skill to do it. Ethan Zuckerman writes another thought provoking post on the architecture of Serendipity.
- Find a job in Kenya using SMS on Kazi560:
- myKRO – A new blog about the world of microfinance. They’re looking for contributors, especially from the field in Africa.
- A nice article on how to get the most out of your thumbdrive from Freelance Switch.
- 50 Questions asked and answered about Android on ZDnet.
- Through Mobimii, MXit users are no longer bound to the MXit service. Breaking news by Charl Norman for Mxit users in South Africa.
More in a day or two, once I land…